Tuesday, October 7, 2008

LOLA ON THE LOOSE!



Many of you may have heard about our class pet, Lola the hamster. Well, on Monday during Literacy Stations, a student informed us that Lola's cage door was open and she was not in her cage. We discretely checked the cage and realized he was right, she was GONE! We had cleaned her cage on Friday after school and must have forgotten to lock the cage door. We frantically searched the classroom while the students were at lunch, but Lola was no where to be found! After still not finding her on Tuesday, we started to think that she may have been gone for good. As the students were returning to their seats during Skills Block, a student shouted, "THERES A MOUSE IN OUR CLASSROOM!" Of course, we were delighted to realize that it was just Lola running into the math manipulatives! Lola is now safe and sound back in her home!

7 comments:

Melanie Holtsman said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad to hear Lola is back in her home. What a naughty hamster! That happened with my hamster one time and we found her in the candy drawer of the teacher next door. Boy, was that teacher surprised!

Rachel Bridges said...

This is so cute! I miss Lola :) Maybe I should get a cousin named Louis for our class hehe :P

Susan T. Phillips said...

Oh my GOSH! I am so glad Lola neer strayed far from home!!!!

dayle timmons said...

I am sure glad ya'll don't keep a pet snake!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That must have been exciting!! I hope she's ok!!
Love Ally,your patrol

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness thats amazing


sara m.

Jenny Nash said...

I had a hamster years and years ago in my classroom who ALSO took a walk on the wild side one time. I, too, was sure he was a goner...especially after I found the hole he chewed in a bean bag! After EMPTYING the ENTIRE CONTENTS of little, bitty styrofoam beads out of the bean bag, and finding NO hamster...I gave up the search. Later that day he showed up in class, darting behind some bookcases. The scene in my room must have been much like yours! To say the least, instruction stopped for a little while while we played "chase the hamster". :) I'm so glad Lola is safe! She's a cutie!